How to Prepare for UPSC 2020 from Scratch
UPSC examination is one of the most prestigious examinations across the globe and lakhs of graduates appear every year for the examination, only a tiny fraction from this huge UPSC aspirants make it successful. Be it the huge curriculum or the unpredictable questions, UPSC examinations is one of the daunting tests ever held.
Since the notification of the UPSC examination of 2020 is already out, it is high time to start the preparation to make the ambitions real. So, here is a complete guide describing how should be the preparation technique from scratch to crack the UPSC examinations 2020.
Preparing self is important:
Since you have already known that the journey for the pursuit of dreams of becoming a civil servant is a tedious one, you should prepare yourself for the same and you should stay positive all along the journey to be more productive.
So, after you have prepared your mind to hit the journey, here are tips that would help you afterward:
- Before you go for any study plan, do not forget to go through the syllabus of the UPSC examination thoroughly. Knowing every bit of it is important since that would help to pasteurize the structure of the study plan and method.
- If you are willing to crack the UPSC examinations, you must have known about the officers’ strict daily routines. The same has to be applied way before your dream comes true while you are preparing for the UPSC examinations. Make a timetable that is comfortable for you and includes ample study time ensuring the coverage of the syllabus in time. Do not procrastinate and stick to the timetable. Do allot time for your relaxation; else you will not be productive and motivated.
- Current affairs are frequently asked in the UPSC examinations. Add to that, different topics from the UPSC syllabus require keeping the updated information to answer the answers correctly. In this scenario, newspapers and online news portals play a major role in collecting study material. Once you are done with the syllabus, do read the newspaper daily noting down the relevant news related to the UPSC syllabus.
- Choosing the optional subject is a real deal since candidates get confused while picking up the subjects. So, while you are selecting your optional ones, try to keep these things in mind:
- Your interest regarding the subject
- Does the subject cover both the mains and prelims syllabus? If yes, it’s a huge advantage since you can prepare for both mains and prelims while studying one subject at a time.
- Prior knowledge in the particular subject
- The availability of study material
- Essay writing is considered to be a delicate art and all that you have to do is to follow it with lots of mastery and practice. Since the UPSC mains examination consists of writing down descriptive answers, it is always suggested to practice the answer writing as much as possible. Do not forget to get them evaluated by the experts too.
- Solving the previous years’ question papers would boost your confidence level as well as it is the best way-out to evaluate whether your preparation strategy is up to the mark.
- Once you are done with the whole syllabus, keep revising them as much as possible. Ample revisions even make the toughest thing a lot easier to understand.
Ample online portals and coaching centers are giving the opportunities of appearing for mock test series. This is undoubtedly beneficial and helps the candidates a lot to improve their performance.