Today's Questions - 30 November 2021
1. With reference to The office of ‘whip’ in the parliament, consider the following statements::
1. The office of whip is mentioned in the Parliamentary Statute.
2. Only the ruling political party has its own whip in the Parliament.
Which of the above given statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
● The office of ‘whip’ is mentioned neither in the Constitution of India nor in the Rules of the House nor in a Parliamentary Statute. It is based on the conventions of the parliamentary government. Hence Statement 1 is incorrect.
● Every political party, whether ruling or Opposition has its own whip in the Parliament. He is appointed by the political party to serve as an assistant floor leader. Hence Statement 2 is incorrect.
2. Consider the following pairs:
1. Aedes - Zika
2. Anopheles - Chikungunya
3. Culex - Malaria
Which of the above pair(s) is/are matched correctly?
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
● Delhi has reported 29 cases of the mosquito-borne disease dengue between January 2021 and May 2021, the highest in this period in the four years, according to the municipal corporations of Delhi.
● Zika is spread through the bite of the Aedes mosquito. Hence, pair 1 is correctly matched.
● Chikungunya is also spread through the bite Aedes mosquito. Hence, pair 2 is not correctly matched.
● Malaria is spread through the bite of the Anopheles mosquito. Hence, pair 3 is not correctly matched.
3. The term ‘Digital Honeytrap’, recently seen in news is related to
(a) Trap in Virtual Private Network
(b) Trap in fake social media profiles
(c) Violation of Internet Protocol
(d) Violation in CryptoCurrency Security
Explanation: Option (b) is correct
● Recently, the cybercrime police of Cyberabad have registered 82 cases in which people from all age groups were blackmailed and duped by fraudsters.
● According to the report, Age knows no limits when it comes to falling into digital honeytraps in India. Men of all ages — from a teenager to sexagenarians —faced extortion after they were honey trapped with fake social media profiles of women, sleazy chats and compromising video calls. Hence, Option (b) is correct.
4. Regarding the National Family Health Survey 5 (2019-21), recently published consider the following statements:
1. Female sterilisation has gone up for the entire country from NFHS 4
(2015-16) to NFHS 5 (2019-21).
2. Bihar records the highest increase in female sterilisation.
3. Male sterilisation’s share in family planning methods has gone up for the entire country.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3 only
● Female sterilisation has gone up for the entire country from 36% in NFHS 4
(201516) to 37.9% in NFHS 5. Hence Statement 1 is correct.
● The States with the highest increase in female sterilisation were Bihar (14.1% points to 34.8%), followed by Goa, Madhya Pradesh. Hence Statement 2 is correct.
● “Male sterilisation’s share in family planning methods has always been extremely low, despite the fact that it’s safer, quicker and easier.Hence Statement 3 is incorrect.
5. Consider the following
Which of the following are important tributaries of River Krishna ?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2 and 5 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Tributaries of Krishna River
● Right bank: Ghatprabha, Malprabha and the Tungabhadra.
● Left Bank: River Bhima, the Musi, Munneru.
Hence, Option (c) is correct.