National Tribal Research Conclave
Recently, Ministry of Tribal Affairs & Indian Institute of Public Administration organized a two days ‘National Tribal Research Conclave’ virtually.
The conclave discussed and reviewed the outcome and the best practices of various research projects being implemented under partnerships with Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs) and other stakeholders.
Recent Initiatives taken by government for tribal welfare
• An agreement has been signed between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) for setting up National Tribal Research Institute (NTRI) in their campus.
• NTRI would help in better coordination and management among TRIs and would go a long way in improving tribal research resulting in evidence based planning and development of tribal areas across the country.
• Special attention in terms of analysis and overall implementation of the programmes and projects initiated is given to Ladakh.
• Announcement of new projects with themes such as Health, Livelihood, Education, Digitalization, Water Conservation, Data Sciences and Development Models for aspiration and model villages.
• Swasthya Portal is compiling tribal Health and Nutrition datafor 177 districts captured from M/oH&FW, M/o WCD and various districts.
• Ministry of Tribal Affairs has also taken a multi-pronged initiative to promote sustainable livelihood in the villages of Ladakh region.
• This initiative would largely focus on productivity enhancing, harvesting, post-harvesting, processing and marketing of various products belonging to Ladakh region.
• Tribal Digital Document Repository’, is an innovative step towards providing a common platform for all the documentation (Research Reports/Published Books/Monographs/Evaluation Reports/Documentaries) prepared by the TRIs and CoEs pertaining to tribals.
• To support and resolve the water problems in the tribal areas, UNDP India is working on 1000 springs project with community participation to revive drying streams.
• Vyakti Vikas Kendra India (VVKI) aim to create social change in the tribal communities and lead them towards overall socio-economic development.
• Tribal Healers and Tribal medicines: Tribals have vast traditional knowledge of treating diseases with locally available medicinal plants. In order to protect this knowledge, which is fast vanishing, Patanjali Research Institute has been given pilot project for research on Tribal Healers and Medicinal Plants in Uttarakhand.
Experiments & researches have proved that it is possible to develop entrepreneurship by motivation, proper training & facilitation. RUDSETI has experimented this and achieved success. Highly encouraging success of this approach has resulted in developing lakhs of entrepreneurs out of un employed or un employable youth across the country. It is time to further promote such activities to general employment in tribal areas
National Training Academy for Rural Self-Employment Training Institutes
v Ministry of Rural Development laid e-Foundation stone laying ceremony of new training Institute of National Academy of RUDSETI (NAR) at Bengaluru.
v National Academy of RUDSETI (NAR) is a resource organization committed to Entrepreneurship Development through motivation, training and facilitation.
v It is an exceptional joint venture promoted by two public sector Banks and an Educational Trust of Sri KshetraDharmasthala.
v NAR has been established to spread RUDSETI model of Entrepreneurship Development, which has been found effective in motivating the un-employed youth to take up self-employment as a career option.
v National Academy of RUDSETI (NAR), an offshoot of RUDSETI movement is spearheading the concept by Training the Trainers/facilitators and mentoring the Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETIs) established across the country.
v The NAR is also in to capacity building of development organizations by orienting and training the rural development workers and development officials.
PEPPER IT WITH
NTRI, Swasthya Portal, UNDP India, and VVKI