Family Pension for divorced daughters
Now divorced daughter can receive family pension even if the divorce has not finally taken place but the divorce petition has been filed by her,according the rule change and other reform initiative of the Department of Pension and Pensioner’s welfare.
The earlier rule provided for payment of Family Pension to a divorced daughter only if the divorce had taken place during the lifetime of deceased parent pensioner or his spouse.
More about the new rule
• The new circular will not only bring ease in the life of pension receiving individuals but also ensure respectable and equitable rights for the divorced daughters in the society.
• Orders have also been issued for grant of Family Pension to a Divyang child or sibling even if the Disability Certificate is produced after the death of the pensioner parent but the disability had occurred before the death of the parents.
• For Divyang pensioners, the Attendant Allowance for the helper has been increased from Rs. 4,500 per month to Rs. 6,700 per month.
• For senior citizens who have gone and settled abroad with their children after retirement, the concerned Bank Branch abroad and the Indian Embassy/ Consulate/High Commission have been instructed to provide Life Certificate and commencement of Family Pension there itself.
• All Pension Disbursing Banks have been instructed to provide doorstep Life Certificate to those pensioners who are unable to visit the bank.
The Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
It is the nodal department for formulation of policies relating to pension and other benefits of Central Govt. employees covered under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972. Apart from formulation of pension policy for the Central Govt. pensioners/Family Pensioners, it also seeks to promote pensioners welfare and serves as a forum for the redressal of Pensioners' grievances.
However, the pensioners of Ministries of Railways and Defence are governed by their respective pension rules having their independent administrative set up. The employees working in the establishments belonging to the class of industries/ other establishment listed in the schedule appended to EPF & MP Act.1950 are covered under EPS Scheme administered by Ministry of Labour. Further, the pensionary matters of those who joined/ would join Central Government on or after 1.1.2004, are dealt by Ministry of Finance (Department of Financial Services) under National Pension System.
PEPPER IT WITH
Hindu succession Act 2005, Deendayal disabled rehabilitation scheme, SC’s verdict on Women Right to Inheritance