Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana & ADIP Scheme
Recently, a mega camp for distributions of Physical aids and assistive devices to Divyangjan and Senior Citizens under ADIP and Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana respectively were organized by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India at Prayagraj.
• The Assistance to disable persons for purchasing/ fitting of aids/ appliances (ADIP) Scheme has been in operation since 1981 and has been revised with effect from 2017.
• Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana, a Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices to Senior Citizens belonging to BPL category was launched in the country in 2016.
Scheme Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana ADIP Scheme
Objective Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is a scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior Citizens belonging to BPL category. This is a Central Sector Scheme, fully funded by the Central Government.
The main objective of the ADIP scheme is to assist the needy disable persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, there-by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economics potential.
The aids and appliances supplied under the Scheme shall conform to BIS specifications to the extent possible.
Eligibility Senior Citizens, belonging to BPL category and suffering from any of the age related disability/infirmity viz. Low vision, Hearing impairment, Loss of teeth and Locomotor disability will be provided with such assisted- living devices which can restore near normalcy in their bodily functions, overcoming the disability/infirmity manifested. • He/she should be an Indian citizen of any age.
• Should hold 40% Disablement Certificate.
• Income not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per month.
• Persons who have not received assistance from the Government, local bodies and Non-official Organizations during the last 3 years and for children below 2 year of age this limit would be 1 year.
Implementation The Scheme is being implemented by the Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a PSU under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
• Societies, register under the Societies Registration Act, 1860
• Registered charitable trust.
• District Rural Development Agencies
• State Handicapped Development Corporations.
• Local Bodies
• Nehru Yuvak Kendras.
In India, the elderly population is estimated to reach nearly 30 crore by 2050 and there are many people with disability/infirmities. As India is ageing, the elderly and disable persons should be viewed as contributors to the process of development and their ability to affect social betterment must be taken into account during policy and programme formulation at all levels. Public health care systems, social security and pensions for this ageing populace and disability are going to be big issues for governments around the world. Camp like this will help these persons physically, mentally and emotionally.
PEPPER IT WITH
NSAP, ALIMCO, NHFDC, DDRS, IGNDPS, Disabilities Act, 2016 and Indira Awaas Yojana
Government Initiatives for Specially-Abled
Deendayal disabled rehabilitation Fund
Scheme for financial assistance for skill training of PwD
Disability Act 2016 increased the quota of reservation for persons with disabilities from 3% to 4% in government jobs and 3% to 5% in higher education institutions
Accessible India campaign
Government initiatives for Elderly
Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
Rastriya Vayoshri Yojna (aids and assistive living devices are provided to senior citizens belonging to BPL category)
Varishtha Pension Bima Yojna