NCRB celebrates its 32nd Inception Day
Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Smt. Archana Ramasundaram was the Chief Guest at the 32nd Inception Day of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), which was celebrated on 11 March 2017.
On the occasion, Smt. Archana Ramasundaram acknowledged the progress made in CCTNS and expected NCRB to provide the platform for better Police services through CCTNS and upcoming Interoperable Criminal Justice System (ICJS).
- The NCRB has won Digital India Award 2016 for digitizing and uploading ‘Crime in India’ on Open source Govt. Portal since 1967.
- NCRB has been training Indian and Foreign Police Officers from more than 20 countries since 1990 and till date more than 40,000 Police Officers have been trained.
- Smt. Archana Ramasundaram gave away Republic Day & Independence Day Police Medals to Shri R.B. Singh, Shri S. K. Saxena, Shri P.S. Gulati and Shri Sanjay Chakraborty, for meritorious services announced by the Government of India.
- Commendation Certificates were also given to the 14 NCRB officers for excellence in development of Mobile Apps, Establishing CCTNS instance for Rajasthan, Developing the software for Crime in India and other publication, CCTNS Testing and locating Missing Children with the help of Talash Software.
- NCRB is mandated to empower the Indian Police with Information Technology and is responsible for collecting, maintaining and analysing the crime data of the country. It facilitates Investigating Officers with updated IT tools and information in Investigation of Crimes.
- An exhibition showcasing of various applications developed by NCRB under Crime & Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS), Finger Prints Science, ‘Vahan Samanvay’, ‘TALASH’, Mobile Apps Citizen Complaint, View FIR, Locater, Automated License Plate Reader and NCRB Publications of ‘Crime in India’, ‘Accidental Deaths & Suicides in India’ and ‘Prison Statistics India’, was organised.