India's first wind-solar hybrid power plant
GS Paper - 3 (Energy)
Adani Green subsidiary Adani Hybrid Energy Jaisalmer One Limited has commissioned a 390 MW wind-solar hybrid power plant at Jaisalmer on 28 May 2022. The plant will be India's first wind and solar hybrid power generation plant.
More about the plant
- The hybrid power plant, integrated through solar and wind power generation, harnesses the full potential of renewable energy by resolving the intermittency of the generation and provides a more reliable solution to meet the rising power demand.
- The new plant has a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) with tariff at Rs. 2.69 per kWh, well below the Average Power Procurement Cost (APPC) at national level, delivering access to affordable, modern, and clean energy to all.
- This project is a part of the first construction facility by international banks in Adani Green.
- With the successful commissioning of the plant, AGEL now has an operational capacity of 5.8 GW.
- This places AGEL's total renewable portfolio of 20.4 GW well on track to meet its vision of 45 GW capacities by 2030.
About Adani Green Energy Limited
- Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) is the renewable energy platform of Adani Portfolio.
- The company has one of the world’s largest renewable portfolios, with locked-in growth of 20.4 GW across operational, under-construction, awarded and acquired assets, catering to investment grade counterparties.
- The company develops, builds, owns, operates, and maintains utility-scale grid-connected solar and wind farm projects.
- AGEL is focused on decarbonization of power generation and is helping India meet its sustainability goals.