High-Level conference on renewable energy
GS Paper - 3 (Energy)
Union Power and New & Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh said India and ASEAN together can develop the entire ecosystem for renewable energy (RE) and explore the joint initiative for building RE manufacturing hubs in the region.
- At the ASEAN-India High-Level Conference on Renewable Energy, India and ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) can work together to develop an entire ecosystem for renewables that promotes knowledge sharing, capacity building and technical assistance.
- The conference also explores joint initiatives for the development of renewable energy manufacturing hubs in the region.
- The ASEAN-India High-Level Conference on Renewable Energy, being organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and the Ministry of External Affairs of Government of India on 7 -8 February 2022, commenced on 6 February 2022.
- The High-Level Conference will focus on the theme: 'Experience and Innovations for Integrated Renewables Market'.
- India's commitment to work together with ASEAN to establish a strong relationship in the renewables sector based on the foundation of historical and cultural ties between ASEAN and India.
- The ASEAN-India High-Level Conference will feature five technical sessions, which would facilitate peer-to-peer discussions between experts from India and ASEAN on themes of mutual interest.