First UT to be integrated with national single-window system
GS Paper - 2 (Polity)
Lt Governor Manoj Sinha launched the single-window portal for Jammu and Kashmir, making it the first Union territory to be integrated with the national single-window system. While 130 industrial services have been made online on the single-window system, over 160 more services will be integrated this year.
- Now global investors can apply for all their business approvals in Jammu and Kashmir through the national single-window system.
- These reforms have helped us receive investment proposals worth Rs 70,000 crore in different sectors within a year.
- In January last year, the UT administration announced a new industrial developmental scheme (IDS) to encourage new investment and to take industrial development to the block level.
- The integrated single-window system will facilitate new investments locally and globally, either through the national single-window system or through J&K single-window system with user-friendly interfaces and timely approvals.
- The Department of Industries and Commerce, being the nodal department, will coordinate with all departments of J&K administration for successful compliance of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) 2022 and Regulatory Compliance Burden (RCB) 2022.