Indian digital infra needs investment
GS Paper - 2 (Infrastructure)
Digital infrastructure sector needs investment of up to USD 23 billion by 2025, to support the growing demand of digital services and rising online traffic, says a report. The EY joint report released recently in collaboration with Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) shared data projection for investment required in physical digital infrastructure vital for connecting people online by 2025.
According to the EY-DIPA joint report
- Whether it is health tech, edutech, consumer tech India is leading the way. India will see USD 200 billion e-commerce market, USD 12 billion edutech market.
- India is innovating on digital, for this revolution to happen India needs to have digital infrastructure in place.
- Tower companies are transforming themselves to digital infrastructure companies. This would require an investment of almost USD 20 billion over the next 3-5 years.
- As many as 330 million people will be using 5G and sectors like e-commerce, education and healthcare will grow their presence online.
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (Erstwhile Tower and Infrastructure Providers Association) was constituted in 2010 as an industry representative body registered under the Indian Society Registration Act, 1860.
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) represents India's digital infrastructure industry that develops, build, own and operates the nation’s wireless infrastructure.
- DIPA is also engaged with other industry associations such as CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, COAI, ISPAI, etc with the objective of presenting an industry consensus view to the Government on critical issues related to the growth and development of Digital Infrastructure Industry.