NDRF Raising Day 2022
GS Paper - 3 (Disaster Management)
NDRF Raising Day in India or the foundation day of NDRF is observed by the National Disaster Response Force every year on 19 January. This day marks the formation of the disaster response force in the country back in 2006. In 2022, the day marks the celebration of the 17th NDRF Raising Day.
- The NDRF Raising Day highlights the role of the NDRF personnel for their help and assistance during disaster situations in India.
- The National Disaster Response Force was constituted in 2006 for the purpose of a special response to a threatening disaster situation under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- The act of 2005 was introduced after the successive natural calamities between 1990 and 2004.
- NDRF Raising Day brings to attention the selfless service and the unmatched professionalism shown by the NDRF personnel at the time of disaster management in the country.
- The motto of the National Disaster Response Force is ‘Aapada Seva Sadaiv Sarvatra’ which means the sustained disaster response service under all circumstances.
- The National Disaster Response Force personnel are trained in flood rescue, rope rescue, collapsed structure search, and rescue.
- The NDRF personnel are the specialized task force for the special response to calamities and disasters.
- NDRF had also sent 6 tons of relief materials for the cyclone that hit parts of Fiji.