PM MITRA approved
GS Paper - 2 (Welfare Schemes)
Government has approved setting up of 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) Parks with a total outlay of Rs. 4,445 crore in a period of 5 years. It was announced in the Union Budget for 2021-22.
- PM MITRA is inspired by the 5F vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister. The '5F' Formula encompasses - Farm to fibre; fibre to factory; factory to fashion; fashion to foreign.
- This integrated vision will help further the growth of the textile sector in the economy.
- No other competing nation has a complete textile ecosystem like us. India is strong in all five Fs.
- The 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel Parks (PM MITRA) will be set up at Greenfield / Brownfield sites located in different willing States.
- PM MITRA Park will be developed by a Special Purpose Vehicle which will be owned by the State Government and Government of India in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
- SPV in which the State Government has majority ownership will be entitled to receive part of the lease rental from developed industrial sites and will be able to use that for further expansion of the textiles industry in the area by expanding the PM MITRA Park, providing Skill Development initiatives and other Welfare measures for workers.
The PM MITRA parks will have following:
- Core Infrastructure: Incubation Centre & Plug & Play facility, Developed Factory Sites, Roads, Power, Water and Waste Water system, Common Processing House & CETP and other related facilities e.g. Design Centre, Testing Centres etc.
- Support Infrastructure: Workers’ hostels & housing, Logistics Park, warehousing, medical, training & skill development facilities