Global startup ecosystem Report 2021
GS Paper - 3 (Economy)
Bangalore rose up three spots to be ranked 23rd in an annual analysis of the world’s most favourable ecosystems to build a globally successful startup, according to the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021 released on 22 September 2021 that is topped by the Silicon Valley in California.
What the report said
- Delhi held on to its 36th position in the ‘Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021’ by Startup Genome, with Mumbai topping a parallel 'Top Emerging Ecosystems' ranking for the second year in a row.
- The Startup Genome report analyses cities around the world where early stage startups have the best shot at building global success.
- The research shows that Indian startups raised $12.1 billion in the first half of this year, demonstrating the rapid growth of India as a global hub for tech and innovation.
- As of August 2021, India has produced 24 unicorns in 2021, including six in just four days in April.
- The city of Bengaluru and the surrounding state of Karnataka is also the world’s 4th largest technology and innovation cluster and home to more than 400+ global R&D centres.
- Alongside Mumbai, a number of other Indian hubs made it into the ‘Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems’ list, including Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad.