National Single Window System launched
GS Paper - 3 (Economy)
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal on 22 September 2021 soft launched the National Single Window System for businesses and said the portal will usher in freedom from the legacy of running to government offices for approvals and registrations.
About the portal
- The portal as of today hosts approvals across 18 central departments and 9 states, and another 14 central departments and 5 states will be added by end-December.
- This is freedom from bureaucracy and from windows within windows.
- This is a big step towards Ease of Doing Business. Nobody wants to be a detriment to doing business. This is a giant leap towards making India truly Aatmanirbhar.
- The single window portal will become a one-stop-shop for investors for approvals and clearances.
- This platform is an enabler for businesses. The government has come together to work as Team India in partnership with industry, stakeholders and the people. This collective approach has resulted in this game-changing initiative.
- The National Single Window System is envisioned to address information asymmetry, duplication of information submitted across platforms and authorities and inefficient tracking of approvals and registration faced by investors.