45th GST Council meeting
GS Paper - 3 (Economy)
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 17 September 2021 announced key decisions taken in the 45th meeting of the GST Council.
- GST Council extended concessional GST rates on these drugs used in Covid treatment till 31 December 2021: Amphotericin B -nil, Remdesivir – 5%, Tocilizumab -nil, Anti-coagulants like Heparin – 5%
- Reduction of GST rate to 5% on seven more Covid-19 treatment drugs till 31 December 2021.
- GST rate on biodiesel for blending with diesel cut from 12% to 5%.
- GST Council exempts national permit fee charged by states for operation of goods carriage.
- The GST Council felt it isn't time to bring petroleum products under the GST regime.