World University Rankings 2022
THE INDIAN Institute of Technology in Ropar has secured rank 2 in India in the World University Rankings 2022 released by Times Higher Education. In another significant feat, the institute has ranked 14th in citations (quality of research) in the world.
- The institute has been bracketed in the 351-400 categories at the global level. It is one among 71 institutes of India which have been named in these rankings.
- Among other Indian institutes that made it to the list, IISc Bangalore maintained its global position in 301-350 bands for the third consecutive year and secured rank 1 in India.
- A total of 71 Indian universities made it to the World University Rankings 2022, compared to 63 last year.
- IIT Ropar is ahead of all IITs in research quality, scoring highest in citations.
- The institute has been working on several projects including innovations to combat Covid-19 crisis, stubble management solution- converting stubble into the acoustic board, stubble removal machine, device to monitor vehicle pollution in real-time, coating resistant to erosion and corrosion, detecting group level emotions, intoxicated state detection, detecting type 2 diabetes from fingernails, lotus-inspired biodegradable water repellent material developed, thermal imaging techniques for cancer detection as well as vaccination against drug addiction, among others.
- The ranking is based on 13 performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across four areas: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 include more than 1,600 universities across 99 countries and territories.