MoU for collaboration on start-up, innovation
Aiming at creating a platform for collaboration between innovation and start-up ecosystems between India and Israel, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between two not-for-profit organisations — Ahmedabad-based International Centre for Technology and Entrepreneurship (iCreate) and Israel’s Start-Up Nation Central (SNC).
- The MoU was signed at the iCreate campus on 20 September 2020 in the presence of Dr Ron Malka, Ambassador of Israel to India, Manoj Kumar Das, additional chief secretary (industry & mines department) who is also chairman iCreate, and Consul General Yaakov Finkelstein.
- The MoU includes identifying a set of real world challenges faced by industry or society and mapping them to the most relevant solutions and technology providers that could address them.
- The Prime Ministers of India and Israel launched the India-Israel Innovation Bridge on July 6, 2017, in Tel Aviv.
- The new iCreate campus was jointly inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu on January 18, 2018.
- On the occasion, they also recognised 38 entrepreneurial projects from the two countries —18 from India and 20 from Israel.