14th Global Healthcare Summit
- The focus of the Global Health Summit is an Indian-centric approach, with special events such as global impact and India’s contribution in providing cost-effective medicines and addressing shortage of healthcare professionals.
- For the first time, the 14th Global Health Care summit will be held in AP and is expected to boost the healthcare in the region.
- Around 500 delegates from across the globe will be attending the summit, which will focus on various communicable and non-communicable diseases, public health hazards, emergency medical care, eradication of tuberculosis, preventing maternal mortality, control of Hepatitis B and include anti-obesity awareness walk, women’s forum, adoption of villages.
- AAPI president for 2020-21 Sudhakar Jonnalagadda told reporters that for the past 12 years, AAPI members had collaborated with several professional medical associations, academic institutions, the Government of India and made significant contribution towards addressing diabetes with the launch of Sevak programme and CPR-AED training for first responders with expert faculty from the American University of Antigua.
- Dr. Sudhakar said that they would involve the State Government and the district administration in organising the event.
- AAPI is the largest ethnic medical organisation in the United States representing over 60,000 doctors of Indian-origin practising in America.
- The organisation founded in 1982 spearheads legislative, educational, charitable and philanthropic initiatives in India and the United States.
- AAPI headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois serves as an umbrella organisation for over 150 local chapters.