Dharma Guardian 2019
- Twenty-five soldiers from the battalions are participating in this joint exercise.
- The aim of the exercise is a joint training of troops in counterinsurgency and counterterrorism operations in both mountainous terrain.
- Exercise Dharma Guardian – 2019 will further cement the long-standing strategic ties between India and Japan.
- As part of the exercise, important lectures, demonstrations and drills related to counter insurgency and counterterrorism operations will be conducted.
- Both the army will also share their valuable experiences in countering such situations as also refine drills and procedures for joint operations.
- The exercise will culminate with a 72 hours validation phase which will test the skills of soldiers in conducting joint operations in a counterterrorism scenario.