DRDO signs pacts on ToT
- The DRDO develops technologies for the armed forces and has been carrying out ToT to the defence industry for end use of the forces.
- The armed forces procure ready-to-eat meals, survival rations and emergency flying ration products from companies which have acquired ToT from the DRDO.
- These products cater to the requirements of the forces deployed in inhospitable terrain and hostile weather conditions. They also have high nutritional value and higher shelf-life and these technologies are useful for the larger interest of the society.
- Vibrant Goa Summit provided an opportunity for companies to interact with DRDO scientists who have developed these technologies.
- Transfer of Technology and Technology Commercialisation, is the process of transferring skills, knowledge, technologies, methods of manufacturing, samples of manufacturing and facilities among governments or universities and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users who can then further develop and exploit the technology into new products, processes, applications, materials or services.
- It is closely related to knowledge transfer. Some also consider technology transfer as a process of moving promising research topics into a level of maturity ready for bulk manufacturing or production.
- Technology brokers are people who discovered how to bridge the disparate worlds and apply scientific concepts or processes to new situations or circumstances.
- A related term, used almost synonymously, is "technology valorisation".