Global Digital Health Partnership Summit
“Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has great potential towards improvement of delivery of healthcare services. India is committed to reforms in health service delivery using ICTunder Digital India Program of Government of India.”
- The Union Health Minister stated that adoption of Digital Technology for improvement of governance has always been central to polity of the Indian government.
- He further informed that there are four major areas where India has implemented Digital Technology in healthcare.
- Towards improving health service delivery, towards improving compliance of people towards health & care, engaging citizens in partnering with government for planning and management of health services delivery and Improving governance.
- Hospital Information Systemis being implemented in hospitals for automation of hospital processes to achieve better efficiency and service delivery in public health facilities up to Community Health Centre level.
- e-Hospital- developed by National Informatics Centre which is implemented in more than 173 Hospitals and e-Sushrut– developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Noida which is implemented in more than 80 hospitals.
- Online Registration System (ORS) is used for scheduling online appointments in public sector tertiary care hospitals.
- Around 139 hospitals are currently using ORS application. Patient engagement in improving service delivery throughMyHospitalsystem which is usedfor collection of patient feedback on health services being rendered by public hospitals.
- The application is available in seven different languages and currently, more than 1067 hospitals, are covered in 23 States/UTs. So far more than 1.3 Million feedback have been received out of which 76% satisfied with the service.