India's richest city
India's financial capital Mumbai, which is home to 46,000 millionaires and 28 billionaires, is the richest Indian city with a total wealth of $820 billion, says a report.
According to New World Wealth, Mumbai is the richest city in the country followed by Delhi and Bengaluru in the second and third place, respectively. Delhi is home to 23,000 millionaires and 18 billionaires with a total wealth of $450 billion, while Bengaluru with a total wealth of $320 billion houses 7,700 millionaires and eight billionaires.
- The list also includes Hyderabad with a total wealth of $310 billion. Hyderabad is home to 9,000 millionaires and six billionaires.
- Kolkata, which is home to 9,600 millionaires and four billionaires, has a total wealth of $290 billion, followed by Pune (which has a total wealth of $180 billion, with 4,500 millionaires and five billionaires), Chennai (which has a total wealth of $150 billion, with 6,600 millionaires and four billionaires) and Gurgaon (which has a total wealth of $110 billion, with 4,000 millionaires and two billionaires).
- Some of the other emerging cities in terms of total wealth include Surat, Ahmedabad, Visakhapatnam, Goa, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Vadodara.
- The total wealth held in the country amounts to $6.2 trillion (as of December 2016) and the country is home to 264,000 millionaires and 95 billionaires in total.
- The report also jotted down some of the affluent suburbs in the country.
- In Mumbai, localities like Bandra, Juhu, Goregaon, Parel, Worli and Palm Beach Road were named as the richest.
- In Delhi, it was Westend Greens, Dera Mandi, Greater Kailash and Lutyens.
- In Kolkata, it was Ballygunge and Alipore, while in Chennai, it was Boat Club Road and Poes Garden.