First greenfield industrial smart city
- The signature building of the AURIC is now ready to serve a ‘new’ Aurangabad city. But Aurangabad is set to be the new benchmark of industrial progress as AURIC will not only be ‘a smart city’, but also a thriving centre of India’s industrial activity besides being an integral part of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).
- Several big companies have already started work here while many more are to come. These companies will generate lakhs of jobs for the youth in the coming years.
- The Prime Minister said that in a digital era ecosystem where the requirement of businesses and industries which framed their value proposition on smart technologies rapidly evolved, it made sense to provide such businesses with a comprehensive ecosystem that in itself was smart in nature.
- Besides inaugurating the proposed seven-storey AURIC central administrative building, the Prime Minister, with a click of a button, also inaugurated the AURIC Command & Control Centre (ACC), the ‘nerve’ of the AURIC project.
- An user-friendly Chat Bot with Investor Management System and an e-Land Management System AURIC, which is a vital part of DMIC, is strategically located in the Shendra-Bidkin area in Aurangabad district and will be spread over a sprawling 10,000 acres.
- Envisioned as one of the country’s best-planned smart industrial cities in the near future, the project aims at transforming Aurangabad into a major manufacturing hub with the potential to create three lakh jobs in the next 15 years. The first phase of the project is expected to be complete by 2019, and the second by 2022.
- This [AURIC] is a gift from the Centre to Marathwada and especially the districts of Aurangabad and Jalna. It is also strategically located, being only a few kilometres away from the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust’s (JNPT) dry port. AURIC will be the State’s industrial magnet in the coming times.
- AURIC was created as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) between the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) and the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC).