Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 9 February 2019 launched DD Arunprabha at Arunachal Pradesh. He also laid foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI) and several other projects in the state. Prime Minister said that in order to strengthen and develop the culture of the State, a dedicated 24x7 Satellite TV channel DD Arunprabha has been launched by the Government.
- DD Arunprabha is the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan. It is equipped with state of the art facilities, including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations, for 24x7 telecast.
- The playout facility and the earth stations established at DDK Itanagar will ensure seamless transmission of DD Arunprabha.
- The channel will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture. Not only will it help integrate North-East with the country, but will also bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population including news, travelogues, mythological shows, documentaries, magazines, tele-films, reality shows, daily shows etc.
- The permanent campus of Film and Television Institute will come up atJollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata. It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
- It will provide a boost to the talented youngsters of the North-East in film and television sector. The project, to be constructed at around 20 km from Itanagar, has been approved for construction at a total estimated cost of Rs. 204.32 crore.