DD Arunprabha launched
- DD Arunprabha is the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan. It is equipped with state of the art facilities, including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations, for 24x7 telecast.
- The playout facility and the earth stations established at DDK Itanagar will ensure seamless transmission of DD Arunprabha.
- The channel will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture. Not only will it help integrate North-East with the country, but will also bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population including news, travelogues, mythological shows, documentaries, magazines, tele-films, reality shows, daily shows etc.
- The permanent campus of Film and Television Institute will come up atJollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata. It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
- It will provide a boost to the talented youngsters of the North-East in film and television sector. The project, to be constructed at around 20 km from Itanagar, has been approved for construction at a total estimated cost of Rs. 204.32 crore.