- Ministry of I&B, in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry, is participating in the Berlin International Film Festival being held from 7th – 17th February, 2019 at Berlin, Germany.
- An India Pavilion is being set-up at the Festival to act as a platform to popularize Indian Cinema in overseas market and facilitate new business opportunities.
- The Indian Delegation at Berlinale 2019 aims to promote Indian films across linguistic cultural and regional diversity so as to forge international partnerships in the realms of distribution, production, filming in India, script development and technology, in order to accelerate the growth of film sector in India.
- The Delegation will also promote the Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) along with popularizing the steps taken to ease shooting films in India through Film Facilitation Office that facilitates Single Window Clearance for film-makers and provides the platform for ‘film tourism’ in India.
- To take advantage of availability of technicians and skilled professionals, India will be showcased as a post-production hub to promote collaborations for films with international production houses.
- The Indian Delegation will meet officials from countries including Israel, New Zealand, France, Italy, China, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, US, Greece and UK.
- The delegation will also meet with officials from Locarno Film Festival, EFM Director, Venice International Film Festival, New Zealand Film Commission, Cannes Film Festival, Edinburgh International Film Festival, and China Children's Film Association, among others.