Winter Session 2018 Concludes
- During the Session, 17 Bills (12 in the Lok Sabha and 05 in Rajya Sabha) were introduced. The Lok Sabha passed 14 Bills and while the Rajya Sabha passed 04 Bills during the session. 05# Bills were passed by both the Houses of Parliament.
- During the Session, Second Batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants for 2018-19 and the related Appropriation Bill, was introduced, discussed and passed by the Lok Sabha.
- The Lok Sabha also passed two important Bills namely the Aadhar and other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019 and the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- Three Bills replacing the Ordinances, namely, (i) the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Ordinance, 2018 (ii) the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 and (iii) The Companies (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 which were promulgated by the President, were considered and passed by Lok Sabha. The Bills are presently in Rajya Sabha.
- Apart from the above, the other major highlight of the Session is the passing of the Constitution (One Hundred Twenty Four) Amendment Bill, 2019 which will provide reservation in services and educational institutions for economically weaker sections in general category.
- The National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Central Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple (Disabilities) Amendment Bill, 2018; the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2019 and National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2019 were passed by both Houses of Parliament.
- Proclamation issued by the President on the 19th December, 2018 under article 356 of the Constitution of India in relation to the State of Jammu and Kashmir was discussed and adopted in the Lok Sabha on 28.12.2018 and in the Rajya Sabha on 2nd and 3rd January, 2019 respectively.
- Four Pending Bills were withdrawn in the Rajya Sabha namely the Nalanda University (Amendment) Bill, 2013; the Indian Medicine Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2005; the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2005; and the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
#WinterSession #AmendmentBill #LokSabha #RajyaSabha #LawBill #CitizenshipBill #Parliament