Public Administration as an optional
Syllabus of Public administration overlaps with the syllabus of General Studies in Civil service examination.
- Prelims Examination
- Indian Polity: Constitution of India (Evolution, Main features, sources, etc.), Parliament, Judiciary, Union and State government, Union Territories, Local Self government (Rural and Urban), Constitutional and Non-Constitutional bodies.
- Governance: Government schemes, Administrative issues and initiatives.
- Mains Examination
- General Studies Paper-II: Public Administration overlaps with the following topics of GS Paper II-
- Constitution and Polity
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies. Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Governance and Social Justice
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- General Studies Paper III: Public administration overlaps with the following topics of GS-III as:
- Economic Development
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Disaster and disaster management.
- General Studies Paper IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude): Public administration overlaps with the following topics of GS-IV as
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration:
- Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance:
- Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.
Why Public Administration @KSG?
Whole syllabus has been divided into various relatively independent segments with special focus on current issues relevant for the exam. It provides a sense of logical connectivity and essence to students regarding syllabus. KSG also deploys the use of technical pedagogy to enhance the quality and efficiency of learning.
There is also a provision of regular assignments along with periodic test of the topics covered so that a student can track his/her progress. These tests also enhance the answer writing capability of students. Stress is given on enhancing the creative writing capability of the students so that they can score maximum in the exam. For this, the idea we have @KSG is to make students well aware of “tail words” (such as Discuss, Evaluate, Examine, Critically Analyse, Illustrate elucidate, substantiate etc) that is often asked in the question so that student knows the demand of the question precisely.
The teaching module is prepared by experts. At KSG, focus is on completing the syllabus in a comprehensive manner in a stipulated time. Each Section is provided proper time according to its demand in UPSC. Also, the previous year questions along with the probable questions related to the topic are covered and discussed simultaneously in detail.
At KSG, we provide Comprehensive Study Material such as-
- Printed notes prepared by Faculty
- Gist of the ARC report
- Important Articles published in various newspapers and journals
- Other relevant material
[email protected] provides the personalised guidance to the students which is in accordance with their pace of learning. All the doubts of students get resolved by the faculty after the class.
We at KSG remain enthusiastic about your preparation and selection. Our association with aspirants is not only limited to the months of course completion classes but extends well beyond that. Support is given to aspirants in the form of updated material, missed classes, answer evaluation with valuable feedback and interaction with faculty. We try to aid the students in maintaining zeal and enthusiasm throughout their journey of preparation. We remain associated with our students and provide them the required assistance till their final selection.