UPSC IAS Exam 2020: Check IAS 2020 Vacancies &Total Seats
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services exam every year to recruit all deserving candidates for All India Services and Central Civil Services for various departments of the Government of India. UPSC IAS exam is conducted in three stages one is Preliminary (objective-type paper), second is Mains (descriptive paper) and the third one is the interview. UPSC IAS Preliminary paper is conducted to select meritorious candidates for the Main (written) exam. Candidates who qualify the prelims are called for the UPSC Civil Services Main Exam.
UPSC IAS Notification 2020 –
UPSC will soon release the official notification for IAS 2020 exam. It is likely to be announced in the first week of February 2020. Candidates who are preparing for the IAS exam can check the IAS 2020 Vacancies, application filling procedure, dates, eligibility, and much more in the official notification once it is available on the UPSC Website.
To get more details about UPSC IAS 2020 exam visit this page regularly for the latest and more updated content related to UPSC exam preparation.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020 – Important Dates
UPSC IAS 2020 Exam Events
|Release of IAS Prelims notification||
12th February 2020
Commencement of application process
12th February 2020 to 03rd March 2020
|IAS Prelims 2020 exam date||31st May 2020|
|IAS Mains 2020 exam date||18th September 2020|
The official examination date has not been announced yet. The dates mentioned above are truly tentative.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020 – Vacancy Details
IAS 2020 vacancies to be filled for the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 will be officially announced through the notification on the releasing date, which is 12th February 2020. It is expected that for the UPSC IAS, the total number of seats in 2020 will be around 800.
Below you can check the different services and posts for which the IAS exam is conducted:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
- DANIPS Group ‘B’
UPSC IAS Exam 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
To be recruited as Civil Servants, one should have a strong knowledge-base and well-rounded personality. Below you can find the comprehensive set of eligibility criteria required to appear for the Civil Services Examination:
- An aspirant must be an Indian citizen to become an IPS,IFS or IAS. However, for other deemed posts, one should hold citizenship of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan/ or be a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962.
- Must have completed his/her 10+2 level studies from a recognized board.
- A candidate should have completed his/her bachelor's in any subject from a recognized institution. A final year student is also eligible to submit their application for the exam.
- Talking about the age limit, a candidate who is in the age group of 21 years to 32 years on the date of the notification for the examination can submit their entries for the same.
- SC/ST Candidates – upto 05 years
- Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Candidates – upto 05 years
- OBC and Defense Personnel – upto 03 years
- PWD Candidates – upto 10 years
Number of Attempts:
- General Category – 06 attempts
- OBC Category – 09 attempts
- SC/ST – Unlimited attempts
How can one apply for the UPSC IAS EXAM 2020?
Candidates preparing for IAS 2020 exam can submit their online applications and apply at the official UPSC website. To fill the online UPSC IAS 2020 application form, candidates should have a scanned photo, signature, and ID along with valid Email ID, mobile number. Also, the Admit Card and Result for both the stages for the IAS exam can be directly downloaded from the authorized UPSC Website.