Prepare for a Subject without any Background for UPSC – Know-How
The decision of preparing for a subject of the IAS background can be difficult for most of us. And in this case, if you have picked up a subject without knowing or having any past background in the relevant stream then it is important for you to make the right choice for you. As we all know, UPSC Exam has a wide range of subjects to cover with a variety of topics. However, most of the time candidates find it difficult to tackle subjects that they have not been in touch with after passing the school. The same applies to applicants who have opted for an Optional Subject that they have not studied during their graduation days.
Well, in this situation, what one really needs to keep in mind that the UPSC doesn’t expect the test takers of the UPSC Civil Services Exam to be experts/specialists in each of the subjects and its relevant syllabus, rather have a general knowledge about all the readable topics. In this blog, we have discussed some key points on how to prepare for a subject without any background for UPSC. Seek out the right approach towards studying each subject otherwise any subject can prove to be difficult.
Marks Needed To Clear IAS Exam
If we check and analyse the previous year’s question papers, then one should check these interesting and valuable data.
- The UPSC questions are biased towards current related aspects in the streams of polity, economy, international relations, etc.
- Because of the UPSC IAS, every year the exam standard raises and the marks of top scorers are falling down.
- As per the UPSC Cut off over the years, candidates need to get the marks around 55% – 60% (GEN Category) marks, to be safe for the Prelims round.
Important Points to Prepare for a Subject without any Background for UPSC
Take a look on all of them and all set to appear for UPSC IAS 2020 exam.
- First of all, you have to get your essential things right. That is the reason it is suggested that one should begin with the NCERT books. They contain straightforward clear clarifications of all the significant ideas and in this manner furnish one with the correct base to expand upon from different sources as well. When the fundamental comprehension of ideas is clear one can proceed onward to a portion of the standard course readings regarding that matter.
- Remember to limit your sources for the subject to the most significant ones and modify them on various occasions, as opposed to having numerous sources and not in any event, doing one appropriately.
- Likewise, experience the earlier years' question papers to realize what sort of questions are posed and attempt to comprehend the prerequisite of the subject from a test perspective. This necessity may vary for all the three phases of the test. Along these lines, you should design your planning in like manner.
- Supplement your course reading information with current issues from papers (Hindu and Indian Express) and magazines (Yojana, EPW, and so forth.) for the subjects that require to be in a state of harmony with the most recent happenings going around. Likewise, allude to government sites, look at government reports, spread Economic Survey and Budget in great detail, and so forth. Don't simply peruse these additional sources and scribble down focuses, yet in addition attempt to make linkages with the schedule subjects and increase a comprehensive comprehension. Have a go at making your own short notes for simpler correction and better maintenance purposes.
Regardless of whether you know quite a bit about a subject or not, answer composing practice is an exceptionally fundamental piece of the planning. The more you compose, the better your general comprehension of the themes and the subject, in general, will turn into. The main thing is to get rid of any sort of dread or hindrances. At the point when you begin composing, your underlying answers may not be sufficient, however, don't surrender and quit composing. Attempt to think and examine how you could have composed it better and with the time you will turn out to be generally excellent at it. The key is to continue composing and improving.