Women Power: Meet top 10 Successful Candidates in Civil Services Exam
Hey! Let’s talk about women's power in the prestigious UPSC Civil Services Examination(CSE).UPSC has seen significant women success in the last twelve years. From the year 2014 to three consecutive years’ women candidates were the toppers. Such a huge success of women candidates in one the most prestigious exam is an indication that Indian women have arrived and made their marks in every possible way.
These successful women candidates have proved that if you are determined nothing is an obstacle when it comes to chasing and fulfilling dreams. Let’s get to know some of the inspiring and encouraging women candidates.
- Nandini K R: Nandini belongs to a small town in Karnataka called Kolar. She topped CSE 2016. She cleared the exam with Kannada literature as an optional subject and was the first one in her family to become a central government officer. She completed her B.E.(Civil) from M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru. When she got selected she was in the Indian Revenue Service(IRS) working as an officer. She was under training at that time at the National Academy of Customs, Excise, and Narcotics in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Tina Dabi: Tina Dabi belongs to Delhi and topped CSE in 2015. She is the first woman from schedule cast(SC) to top the prestigious exam. She cleared the exam at the age of 22 with political science as an optional subject. She was the student of Lady Shriram college for women in Delhi and was a university topper too.
- Ira Singhal: Ira sighnal is a divyang and deserves applause and credit. She was a topper of CSE in 2014. She cleared the exam with geography as an optional subject. This Delhi girl completed B.E. (Computer Science) and M.B.A. and was an IRS officer at the time of selection.
- Haritha V Kumar: At the time of selection she was a trainee IPS officer but she cleared the exam with Economics and Malayalam literature as optional subjects to pursue her IAS dream. She got the first rank in SCE 2012. She belongs to a town called Neyyattinkara in Kerala. She declined the job offer from HCL technologies to pursue her dream job.
- Sheena Aggarwal: She completed MBBS from AIIMS in New Delhi before she appeared for the IAS exam. She is the topper of CSE 2011. She cleared the exam with Medical Science and Psychology as the optional subjects. Sheena belongs to Haryana. On her third attempt, she topped the exam. She was an IRS officer at the time of selection.
- Divyadharshini Shanmugam: She belongs to TamilNadu and is the topper of CSE 2011.she made her dream come true in the second attempt. She worked hard to achieve her goal after she couldn’t clear Prelims in the first attempt. She is a graduate of the School of Excellence in Law, Chennai. She opted for Law and Public Administration as OptionalSubjects. She was working as an officer in the State Bank of India(SBI) at the time of selection.
- Hubra Saxena: She topped CSE 2008 after her graduation from IIT-Roorkee.She is born in Bareli, Uttar Pradesh. Psychology and public administration were her optional subjects. She was working as a software engineer but after working a few years she gave up her corporate life and choose a career that gives opportunities to serve people directly.
- Mona Pruthi: She is a graduate B.A.(English)from Lady Shri Ram College for Women and later M. Phil from the Delhi University. She is the topper of CSE 2005. This Haryana girl chooses English Literature and Sociology as her optional subjects.
- Anu Kumari: She is a young mother of a four-year-old son. She got rank 2 in her CSE exam. She belongs to Haryana. Being a mother and from a village, her story is really inspiring for others.
- Saumya Sharma: She was successful on her first attempt. It is really commendable that only spending four months of preparation Saumya made it to the top 10. She is a law student. She was insanely sick n having a high fever while giving her mains and was given three drips per day. Saumya’s parents are doctors which proved to be a blessing while she was preparing and giving her exams, they took care of her poor health.
Other than the above-mentioned toppers, there are hundreds of women who have cleared the CSE (Civil Services Examination) in recent years. They are serving proudly in services like Indian Police Services(IPS), Indian Foreign Services(IFS) and Indian Forestry Services(IFS). These stories will surely inspire other women to pursue their dream and achieve big