Find Here Every Single Detail About IAS Document Required - Format, Dimensions, & Size
UPSC Main exams 2020 are just a few months away and you must be all set. Besides academic preparation, you must also be ready with all the other related details like date of online submission of Mains exam form DAF-1 (Detailed Application Form), Date of uploading of admit card, exam time table, etc.
Apparently, DAF 1 Form seems very easy to fill but there are many minor mistakes that are usually made by the applicants while filling the form. There are fixed guidelines as to what format, dimension, and the size of the images should be uploaded. If the photographs and scanned signature is uploaded outside these parameters, candidates’ registration will be void and not effective. So, it is very crucial to remain updated about such details. To help with this, here are the complete details about the required documents and their parameters for uploading while filling the registration form for UPSC.
What Documents are required?
Apart from feeding your details in the DAF, there are two major and most important documents required which are photograph and the scanned signature of the student. There is a specific dimension, size, and format for uploading these documents. Check them here:
The most important document required for the UPSC CSE exam is a recent photo of the candidate without which the form will not be accepted in any case. The standard specifications for attaching a photograph and other essential guidelines are given below.
- The size of the photo must be between 20 to 300 KB. Neither should it exceed 300 KB nor should it be less than 20 KB.
- Only JPG/JPEG format is acceptable.
- Dimensions are - 3.5 cm (Width) X 4.5 cm (Height)
- The background of the photo should be White
Along with a scanned photograph, candidates also have to upload their scanned signature. The specifications for which are
- The size of the scanned signature must be between 20 to 300 KB. Neither should it exceed 300 KB nor should it be less than 20 KB.
- Only JPG/JPEG format is acceptable.
- Dimension are - 3.5 cm (Width) X 1.5 cm (Height)
- The background of the signature image should be White
Other Documents Required
Apart from photograph and signature, the list of other documents required for CSE includes the following which IAS aspirants should keep ready with them before filling the form
- A valid Indian Mobile Number.
- Active Email Address.
- Photo identity proof issued by the government of India
- SSC Certificate (Marksheet of Class XII)
- HSC certificate (Marksheet of Class X)
- Certificates for graduation
- Caste Certificate (If applying as SC/ST/ or OBC)
Some Common Mistakes Committed By Candidates While Uploading the Photo
- Candidates shouldn't take a selfie that looks like a passport size photograph. It is best advisable to upload a photo clicked by a professional.
- Always keep the background white. Colored backgrounds will not be accepted.
- Make eye contact with the camera lens so that to take a perfect photo.
- Never wear any Hat, Scarf, Muffler, or such things that cover your head.
- Make sure that the lighting is proper in order to click the clear picture.
- The facial area must be more than 50% of the total picture dimension.
- Ensure that the photo resolution should be proper and of good quality. The photo with the poor resolution is not clear.
- Do not wear goggles and tinted glasses. However, spectacles are allowed.
- Make sure if you are wearing spectacle, avoid too much light in the room that reflects on your spectacles.
A Few Do's & Don'ts for Photograph & Scanned Signature
- The photograph must not be blurred. It should be clearly visible.
- Do not attach an old photo. Upload the latest one.
- Photos showing side face is not at all accepted.
- Religious caps can be worn provided it does not cover the face. No hats, scarves, and mufflers are allowed.
- Use running handwriting for signature. Do not use Capital Letters.
- Throughout the entire process of the UPSC exam and filling the form, keep the same style of signature. If the signature doesn't match at the time of invigilation, the candidature may get canceled.
- It is good to make use of black ink while doing a signature for better scanning.
- Make use of a reliable and fast browser for uploading required IAS documents.
Other Important Details Required for Filling the Application Form
The application form must be filled very carefully because a simple mistake may result in cancellation. The following information must be accurate and cannot be modified once filled.
- Name of the Candidate
- Father's Name of the candidate.
- Mobile number
- Reservation details, if any
- Exam center & City details