The national conference on e-Governance being organised in Visakhapatnam by the Union and State governments and Nasscom went totally paperless.
The conference books published for release were given to 1,500-odd delegates from across the country in CDs.
- 20 awards was given to the States, IT companies and NGOs for their e-initiatives.
- Top executives from Microsoft, Infosys, Cisco, IBM and TCS besides officials from various States are attending.
- The conference’s inaugural was attended among others by Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, Union Ministers M. Venkaiah Naidu, Rajendra Singh and Y.S. Chowdary.
- In tune with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s thrust on digitisation, we made everything paperless,” said Mr. Rajendra Singh, who is holding the portfolios of PMO, North Eastern States, Atomic Energy and Space.
- Mr. Rajendra Singh had praise for Mr. Naidu for his initiatives to promote digital technologies.
- The conference will have plenary discussions on Internet of Things, data analytics, cyber security policy for future and digital connectivity till the last mile.